yahoo

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Is today D-Day for the Recording Industry?


Is today D-Day for the Recording Industry?

October 10, 2007 at 4:32 pm · Filed under Internets, MP3, Music

Today marks the unprecedented release of Radiohead’s “In Rainbows,” which I mentioned ten days ago.

When I pre-ordered the download and was prompted to name a price, I opted to pay nothing. Now, I have been listening to Radiohead since I was in middle school and have owned store-bought copies of all of their albums at some point or another. Some have been lost, some have been “borrowed” and never returned, some are too scratched to play, having been spun around so many times. I’ve bought “The Bends” four times and I don’t even know where my current copy is right now (Thank goodness for iTunes). I want the discbox, but I was scared to spend $80 on something I had barely heard a note of. I think that’s fair. Plus I’ve wanted to see Radiohead live for ten years now, and intend to do so on the first opportunity that arises.

read more here....click here

No comments: