yahoo

Thursday, April 10, 2008

"Idol" inspires


from...


Tonight is the second annual Idol Gives Back special on American Idol, and it promises to be a celebrity-studded event. Due to the success of last year's event, it is going to be longer, it has brought in even bigger performers and more corporate sponsors. Idol producers have set a goal of $100 million in donations and pledges — $25 million more than last year's total.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, because there were performances last night, to the tune of “inspirational songs.” And I have to admit that for the first time all season, I don't have any major complaints!

Syesha Mercado got things started for the ladies by singing former Idol winner Fantasia Barrino's first single, “I Believe.” Randy may have thought she got in over her head on the performance, but I begrudgingly agree with Paula Abdul's grammatically correct yet awkward statement, “I just think hands down this is one of your most shining nights.”

get the rest....



No comments: