yahoo

Monday, June 26, 2006

Promotion of someone's blog chosen at random.. more or less...

Check out Keri from Oz..
Here's an excerpt..
bad muse!
here I am, inundated with edits, snowed under with contract deadlines and books that need to be finished, and what does the muse do? Throw another book idea at me, of course. One it wants to write right now, not ten months down the track. To say this is a little frustrating would be the understatement of the year, I think. :) It nagged me all day yesterday, filling my head with ideas and scene images, so much so that in the end, I stopped editing and actually wrote down all the bits and pieces, as well as the beginning few lines. This one is set in the same 'world' as Destiny, but it's about a private investigator who has 'visions' and who happens to be a phoenix. The hero is a suspended cop under investigation for his partner's death, and he has a whole herd of nasty critters after his hide. I was going to make him a sea dragon originally, but I might well make him something else. What that something else will be I'm not sure until I do some more research. But I'm thinking something a little more obscure in the fantasy ranks (in other words, not a shifter, were or vampire). Of course, I can't do anything more than jot down ideas because of all the books that need finishing first--but I guess it is always nice to know the muse hasn't been stomped down by all the edits and that she continues to work in the background.


and while we are on the subject check out the profile!
Name: Keri
Location:Oz
I'm a born and bred Melbourne gal, and grew up sharing my life with dragons, elves, vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters and the occassional talking horse. Scary, huh? My family used to think so, too. Of course, now that I actually make a living sharing my life with the abovementioned creatures, they no longer contemplate calling the men with the little white coat...

any personal reference to men in white coats strikes a cord with me!
Go visit
Keri from Oz and give her a shout from the old DeRex.

No comments: