yahoo

Friday, February 10, 2006

searching dark places.. looking for some angst!

This song usually puts me into that dark self reflective spot...

With luck, I will still be able to find a little angst...
If not I may have to go listen to Johnny Cash's "Hurt" a few thousand times..

I never realized that I draw so much inspiration from "that dark place" no wonder so many artists were complete raving lunitics..
hell, I am mildly artistic, and at times moderately depressed.. to be great you gotta be FRICKIN Bonkers!
-----
Do you ever get the feeling , when you read blogs, that the person writting them is just small talking you?
I hate useless small talk..

I have this thing, that if somone is just trying to "fill silence with the sound of there voice" my brain turns what they are saying into static..

I am not talking about the Charlie Brown teacher "Wha wha, wha wha wha wha wha whaaaa" I am talking complete frickin static.. (shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) White noise baby!
********


Perhaps this is my trick.. listen to songs that make me want to slash my wrists.. while I write.. well at least when "life is good".

......

Now I know why my best friend (a really accomplished psychologist) says, "You cannot enter therapy , while you're in love, and expect any results... " It is just too hard to find your darkest places when you are in "good space".
'''''''

So my dear friends, remember.. never try to make art.. when life is too good... just enjoy the good time, and shut the fuck up!

Pax,
DeRex

No comments: