yahoo

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Movie Review: Revenge of the Sith Star Wars III

Star Wars III Revenge of the Sith

Okay let me start out by saying that the original Star Wars blew my mind when I saw it in the theater. So I have had a special place in my heart for all of the Star Wars movies.

I agree with some critics that the second movie The Empire Strikes Back and the third Return of the Jedi were perhaps the best of the bunch, but I will tell you as a child watching the special effects of the first was staggering!

Then a few years ago the first prequel came out, followed by the second, and well (and I do not admit this publicly) I like them. Even Jar Jar Binks and his ridiculous manner of speech, and Yoda going into Ninja mode (which was just silly) did not put me off. I think it would have been better and less “comical” if Yoda had used just mind tricks, telekinetics and some force beam when fighting would have been better than him flipping around with a light saber, only to go back to his cane and limp.. I mean it was just silly..
But the third, was not bad.. it had a lot of loose strings to tie up to bridge from the first movie (Episode IV) and Episode II and they did tie up nearly everything.

Some of it was a bit lame, I will let you watch it and decide what parts you think were just silly.. I feel that there should have been a better transition for the Emperor or at least a better reason for him to look the way he does.. but hey after Jar Jar saying “me specks” and Yoda talking like I write, despite having a nearly infinite wisdom.. hell I will but evil black lightning as an excuse.

So for Star Wars Episode III, I give *** three stars.

I own the rest of them (IV V VI on VHS and I and II on DVD, so I had to buy the last installment)

Now just to get an Episode VII with Luke and Han Solo again.. in the old Jedi's Home.. now that would be priceless..

So here it is, click it to read more reviews. Or even buy a copy for yourself.. you know someday these may be worth something more than .. well three stars.









No comments: