yahoo

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Your quote of the day.. by Stephen Hawking

We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.
Stephen Hawking

Well my fellow monkeys... I hope that you are inspired to find out what is behind life's mysteries.

The want to quest for knowlage is perhpas our greatest bestowed gift.

DeRex

I think that if we ever prove the existance of God, there will be no further need to exist.

DeRex

I love hawking's stuff. I have heard him called a popularist (in not a kind way) by other physicists to them I say.. "Yea.. and how many middle income famlies in America know your name?"

Stephen Hawking has written a few books, that have brought his thoughts on a (Grand Unified Theory) GUT to homes that would never had had a chance to even discuss GUTs or complex physicis or for that matter advanced mathematics without them. For this I am greatful.

With a little Stephen Hawking and a touch of George Smoot I think that most people will see the beauty and elegence that makes up our universe, and that is perhpas hte greatest gift.. a gift of sight.

Well, 'nuff from me.. read a little Hawking today.. and a little Smoot tomarrow, you will be a better person for it.







No comments: