yahoo

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Dear FEMA... grab a hold of both ears and pull until you hear a pop and see light again...


http://kennebecjournal.mainetoday.com/news/local/1978720.shtml

$800 / day to babysit ice.. in MAINE!

Dear FEMA, I will gladly sit with this truckload of ice for only $500 a day. I will even allow you to run the refrigerated trailer off of electricity supplied from my own home, at only a slightly higher rate than the electric company bills me for it.

I have enough room for 5 refer trailers here at my home, and will give you a discountd rate of only $400/day (a full 50% discount from what you are currently paying) each if you can send me no fewer than 5 truck trailers to keep here in storage for you.

I am closer to the gulf coast than Maine is and feel that this measly $2000/day income is a sacrifice I am willing to make for the good of my fellow countrymen.

You may continue to store ice trailers here at my house for the remainder fo the season (about 60 days) at the above rates.. it is the least I can do.

No comments: